Monday, November 17, 2014

A Winegoober is Born

The idea of this blog came as the outgrowth of a visit 10 or so folks from CREDO 7008 made to a "tasting room" in Healdsburg, California.  It was in our lighthearted banter that the idea of this blog was proposed. So, this is a realization of that conversation. It also springs from my daughter calling me a "goober" after I sent pictures of myself sampling some of the wines.

I have described myself as a bit of a "redneck highbrow."  I don't know much about wine -- except what I like.  This past week has given me the opportunity to taste some wines IN Sonoma County -- not necessarily FROM Sonoma County.  There have been "The Seven Deadly Zins" (a creative blend of Zinfandels); "Wild Horse Pinot Noir"; "Menage a Toir" red table wine; and a Cabernet Sauvignon whose name, label and provenance I cannot recall.

In the even you did not notice, I prefer reds.

Nora and I are spending four days in the Healdsburg area.  I am currently awaiting her flight at SFO.  We will tour various wineries and likely try a variety of wines.  Perhaps I will grow in sophistication -- and, then again, maybe not.  We are scheduled to take a guided tour on Wednesday,  Others will be on our own.

I am also in the process of aging 58 bottles of homemade wine at home.  I have got 28 bottles of Malbec, which will be ready on Christmas Day.  Another 30 bottles of Pinot Noir will be ready in early February.

I will have either 58 bottles of wine or a LOT of salad vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment